Remote ProductionVirtual EventsNon-Profits & FundraisersLive StudioWeb Streaming
We teamed with the Marguerite Casey Foundation and Seattle Arts & Lectures to bring author Derecka Purnell and historian Dr. Robin D. G. Kelley to an online audience
"Becoming Abolitionists: Police, Protest, and the Pursuit of Freedom explores how the promise of police reform has failed us and offers new perspectives on prison abolition. Protests against police violence expose how current “solutions” are insufficient, and Purnell’s book shares the true power of multi-racial social movements to teach and guide us toward true safety, justice and liberation. Published by Astra House in late 2021, Becoming Abolitionists was a Noname Book Club pick in January 2022.”
Seattle Arts & Lectures \ Becoming Abolitionists-A History of Failed Police Reforms & Vision for True Public Safety
Seattle Arts and Lectures, in partnership with Marguerite Casey Foundation, invites you to our first free community event of 2022. Tune in virtually on February 3rd at 4 p.m. PST for a conversation with Derecka Purnell, author of Becoming Abolitionists: Police, Protests, and the Pursuit of Freedom, and Dr. Robin D.
SAL/MCF Event “Becoming Abolitionists”
- Live broadcast from Punch Drunk Studios
- Turnkey studio with cameras, lights, sound, and all equipment needed for live streaming and capture
- Zoomator™ camera & teleprompter system for perfect eye line
- ASL Interpreter for increased accessibility
- Remote production to bring Derecka Purnell and Dr. Robin D. G. Kelley live into the show
- Check out Derecka Purnell’s Becoming Abolitionists and Dr. Robin D. G. Kelley’s noted publications.