Participatory dance festival during a Pandemic? No problem.
“Participatory dances and workshops are an essential part of every Northwest Folklife event, and the virtual Northwest Folklife Festival is no different! There's a variety of dances, jams, singalongs, and workshops to attend...”
Folklife is a historical music & arts festival based in Seattle that started in 1972. When the pandemic struck in 2020, Punch Drunk worked with Folklife to create a safe virtual festival while keeping the dynamic, participatory nature of live music and dance intact.
50th Annual Northwest Folklife Festival on FOX13
Scope of Work
- Design and management of multi-tiered Zoom workflow for differing levels of participation from musicians and audience
- Live broadcast from Punch Drunk Studios
- Pre-production & asset review
- Turnkey studio with cameras, lights, sound, and all equipment needed for live streaming and capture
- Multiple days of production & streaming